Provide strategic and operational support and guidance to the VP and Head US Medical Affairs (USMA) in developing, aligning, resourcing and executing functional, operational and financial priorities ensuring alignment with overarching GMA and US Area and key stakeholder projects and strategies. Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Identifying strategic and operational business improvements and innovations to enable efficient and effective delivery of drug development programs.
- Enable the continuous identification and assessment of innovative improvement ideas and opportunities from within the company and from innovations externally
- Establishing a robust framework of processes and tools to effectively implement projects including Project Management, Change Management, Project Management, Risk Management, Identification of Interdependencies;
- Provide leadership necessary for the development, design, operation, and improvement of USMA operations, systems, and processes (e.g., staff meetings, systems, templates)
- Communicate and champion the leadership vision, mission and achievements of Future Capabilities.
- Serve as a positive and visible role model for change - Actively engages Senior Leadership team to build sponsorship of key initiatives; identify, propose, and track actions to ensure alignment with wider business initiatives
- Drive development, implementation, and measurement of strategies and tactics (including optimized systems) to enable oversight across the complex depth and breadth of USMA activities.
- Coordinate the annual strategic planning process for USMA, ensuring that goals are aligned between the therapeutic areas, with the GMA vision and other AbbVie functions.
- Lead Resourcing optimization strategy for USMA in partnership with GMA/R&D Finance, including outsourcing strategy and management
- Lead USMA leadership team culture and communications strategy and ensure implementation. Drive culture initiatives and global mindset approach using appropriate change management strategies
- Key member of USMA Leadership team including responsibility for co-ordination of strategy-setting and operational aspects of the USMA Leadership team and extended leadership team, ensuring alignment and execution of functional strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's Degree in related science field, e.g. BSN, BS, BS Pharm, PharmD, . Advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical industry and drug development. Experience in Medical Affairs, regulatory, HEOR, pharmacovigilance or clinical development preferred.
- 5-7 years management experience or position requiring ability to influence cross-functionally. 5+ years of significant leadership experience required to manage multifunctional responsibilities preferred
- Broad business orientation essentials, including project management and business redesign
- Motivational approach, open to new ideas and the ability to connect the dots within and across groups and function
- Proven leadership skills to form and implement cross-functional matrix teams. Ability to model performance management leadership behaviors related to the management level
- Demonstrated ability to network through strong communication skills and influence at multiple levels and across multiple functions as well as excellent relationship building skills and demonstrated diplomacy when working cross-functionally
- Ability to work across functional and geographical boundaries in order to develop strategies and plans, and deliver results and demonstrated ability to work across cultures both in corporate and geographic boundaries
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills; able to independently manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed
- Role model of strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills; able to create a shared vision and productively manage conflict between team members with diverse interpersonal styles; able to deliver effective coaching and feedback
Associated topics: assist, associate, chief operations officer, document, facilities, food, operation, operations director, staff, support