HELP USA is one of the nations largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
As part of New York Citys plan to end homelessness, the Department of Homeless Services established Homebase Homeless Prevention Community Resource Centers throughout New York City. Homebase programs are designed to assist families and individuals who are homeless or at imminent risk for becoming homeless to develop a plan for long-term housing stability. Homebase helps clients navigate the complicated eviction process, offers financial and money management counseling, helps clients obtain public benefits, provides short-term financial assistance, and helps with relocation if necessary.
As a Case Manager for one of our Homebase programs, youll provides case management services, crisis intervention, and advocacy for individuals and families facing a housing crisis and who are at risk of shelter entry or re-entry. Youll work toward the resolution of the housing crisis and address other immediate needs that the client may have that are contributing to the crisis.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Completing initial intake interviews with new clients and conducting thorough needs assessments to determine program eligibility.
* Working with clients to establish services plans leading to crisis resolution and self-sufficiency.
* Providing clients with service referrals for employment, training, vocational training, and education.
* Advocating for and assisting clients with the service delivery system to ensure receipt of entitlements and housing stabilization.
* Coordinating with the Housing Court Liaison and Housing Specialist to provide court advocacy and relocation services as needed.
* Preparing thorough, accurate, and complete program financial assistance requests, as needed, to assist with resolving clients housing crises.
* Participating in program outreach efforts and making presentations to community-based organizations in order to increase program enrollments.
* Bachelors Degree in Social Work or a related field required.
* Knowledgeable of relevant state and county regulations.
* A minimum of two years experience in case management, assessment, counseling and crisis intervention preferred.
* Strong verbal, written, and negotiation skills.
* Experience with and knowledge of NYC/NYS housing subsidies a plus.
* Strong organizational and documentation skills.
* Ability to take the initiative, be dependable and resourceful, and pay keen attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational skills to enable successful management of multiple tasks in a timely manner in a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Knowledge of family systems approach to practice preferred.
* Knowledge of team concepts preferred.
* Computer literate, specifically with Microsoft applications, required.
* Able to provide evening and weekend coverage as needed.
* Valid US Drivers license a plus.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Associated topics: business development, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, plan, project, program development, project development, project management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.