Imagine a workingenvironment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business thatemploys over ten thousand of the world's most sought-after engineers andtechnologists.
Imagine an enterprise wherea belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreakinginnovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog - andyou can be part of it.
As aProject Engineer in Moog's Aircraft Group you canexpect to:
The ProjectEngineer is a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development,testing and sourcing of complex control hardware used on military andcommercial actuation equipment.
Here's what you'll work on:
* Oversight of supplier's design and development process. Thiswill include guidance for risk mitigation testing, buy off of critical designreviews, planning and execution of qualification testing.
* Engineering support for build to print outsourcing. This willinclude identification of design key characteristics, planning and execution ofvalidation testing and root cause and corrective action analysis for systemicnon conformances.
* Supplier Development. This will include working closely withMoog's key suppliers to proactively develop their capabilities in line withMoog's product line and quality expectations.
* The Supply Chain Project Engineer will consult with bothcustomers and suppliers during the development of supplier IP hardware toestablish requirements and then work with the supplier to create a successfultechnical proposal. This phase is critical in that it establishes the basis forfuture design, and for contract negotiations.
* Under the technical direction of the Section Head or the team'slead engineer, the Project Engineer will then provide oversight of thesupplier's conceptual design, project planning, detail design and developmenttesting.
* Build to print outsourcing of new or sustaining parts requiresengineering support to ensure that part criticality is understood by the supplychain and that the capability of Moog's suppliers aligns with Moog's productline and quality expectations.
* Frequent travel may be required with this role as well as a needto form close working relationships with project teams, other Moog engineersand suppliers.
To be considered for theposition of Project Engineer, a candidate should have a minimum ofan MS Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineeringplus three years of design/development engineering experience. As an alternative,the candidate could have a PhD, or a BS Degree plus six years ofdesign/development engineering experience. To fulfill the demands of design anddevelopment of new products the individual must have self-starting instinctsand strong analytical skills. Seasoned knowledge of closed loop controlsystems, mechanical hardware designs, and good communication skills are alsonecessary.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain